Top tier bank
- Long dated synthetic balance sheet securitisations needed to be managed across the their life cycle including asset maintenance, hypothetical and actual trading scenarios, and internal and investor reporting
- Our client did not have a system that was fit for purpose outside of Excel
- The goal was to deliver a way to manage multiple transactions via a web application
Our customer issued and managed complex synthetic securitisations across multiple asset classes. A system was needed that could cater for all aspects required within its deal administration
- Bond and loan data management including amortization schedules
- Asset and portfolio level hedging
- Trade management including hypothetical scenario analysis
- Cash account management
- Compliance tests
- Internal and investor reporting
Due to the complexity of the transactions and number and variety of data points that would captured over the long lifetime from issuance to maturity, spreadsheet models would not capable of accurately and efficiently recording, analyzing and reporting.
Our customer identified the opportunity for the creation of a web-based SaaS portfolio management system backed by SQL Server for computing and data storage.
How StructureIt helped
Leveraging our deep understanding of securitization, StructureIt designed, developed and deployed a multi-tenant system capable of managing all the core instrument data and trading activity with full history.
Some of the key aspects to the solution included:
- Ability to manage user controlled custom data fields across all core instruments
- A module that enabled fully customizable transaction-specific logic for advanced calculations, reporting and compliance tests
- Reporting functionality where new reports could easily be uploaded and instantly run and distributed
- Role based controls for multi-user access and permissioning
- Full auditing across all data aspects
- Full suite of system and user documentation
First and foremost, StructureIt modelled the transactions, and designed and built the customer’s reports to their requirements, after which we built the end-to-end solution. With strong and active communication throughout the process, StructureIt did all the heavy lifting and the customer had confidence that the resulting system and transaction modelling would be accurate and on time.
The customer now has an intuitive web based application and is able to administer their securitizations in a highly available, stable, secure and timeous manner. The customer is able to focus on the business of managing the economics of their transactions and their investors, and not maintaining unwieldy spreadsheets that would become increasingly slower through time and data saturation.
The system has been in place since 2008 and required very little maintenance outside of the addition of new transactions.
Collaboration, on your terms
We collaborate with you to develop personalized software solutions that contribute to your business growth in the capital markets