Product management & journalists
- Fast growth across multiple regions left our client, a global capital markets intelligence provider, with a fragmented content delivery infrastructure
- Subscribers needed to maintain several distinct logins to access content through multiple unconnected platforms
- The objective was to simplify, centralize, and modernize internal content management processes while maintaining brand consistency and delivering timely and relevant content
As the leading provider of structured finance news to leading financial institutions across the globe, our client needed to ensure that subscribers received the most up-to-date and relevant news on a timely basis.
However, they faced several operational challenges in trying to do so, namely:
- Subscribers used multiple platforms with different user interfaces and unique logins, making it disjointed and cumbersome for them to manage
- The absence of a comprehensive view for subscribers, limiting their ability to gain a complete overview of the market landscape
- Internally, content had to be created across three separate content management systems, which led to:
- increased operational costs
- delays in content delivery
- brand inconsistency across platforms
- inefficiencies in content management processes
- greater operational risks due to the fragmented system structure
“It was inefficient and expensive, and from our perspective, it didn’t make sense to continue with that ecosystem so we needed to bring everything together into a single platform”
How StructureIt helped
StructureIt undertook the challenge to overhaul and modernize the existing infrastructure. The objective was to combine the multiple content delivery platforms into a single unified solution that would:
- provide a simpler and more cohesive user experience for subscribers, and
- make internal processes more efficient
while minimizing disruptions for current users.
StructureIt delivered a new, single front end website to replace the three existing sites, alongside the replacement of multiple legacy content management systems into a simpler content management framework. The solution also included an in-app alerting system for alert subscribers to new content.
With StructureIt’s solution:
Subscription growth: The unified platform improved the client’s user experience, leading to an increase in subscriptions
- Simplified infrastructure: By merging the content platforms, the client no longer needed to manage multiple systems. The centralized approach led to more straightforward workflows and reduced complexity
- Cost Efficiency: The client could eliminate unnecessary licences, reducing costs
- Reliable system support: With StructureIt’s ongoing support, the client’s platform receives consistent support and maintenance. This ensures stable content delivery and addressing issues as they arise.
“The relationship with StructureIt has always been a positive one because of the openness and reflection. It’s very much in the spirit of collaboration and moving forward”
Collaboration, on your terms
We collaborate with you to develop personalized software solutions that contribute to your business growth in the capital markets